Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Exploring the new town on two wheels

Today I decided to take a lunch time ride through Petaluma. It was good to get on my bike during the week; It is definitely something I need to do more of.


The ride today was ok, not great, but not bad. Here are a couple things I learned today:

1. Less than 1 mile of Shollenberger Park is actually paved. This does not bode well when riding a road bike. Maybe I will have to revisit it on my mountain bike sometime.

2. The lower half of McDowell is good for riding, however after it crosses E. Washington Street, it gets pretty shady. There isn't a bike lane on the road, there is just a bike path on the other side of the sidewalk. A really crappy bike path. So, most likely won't be riding that portion of the road again.

3. I found out that Hogwarts Circle meets up with Liverpool Way.
















4. I am capable of changing a flat tire on my own! As I was on my final stretch home, I looked at my rear wheel and noticed that it was going flat. I didn't see any major cuts or holes in my tire, so I'm not sure what happened. Anyway, I changed the tube and was on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment