Sunday, September 22, 2013

ALC Kickoff Ride

Today I joined the ALC Kickoff ride out of Sports Basement in the Presidio in San Francisco. I did the 22 mile ride that went up to Mill Valley. It was my first time riding out of San Francisco and the first time across the Golden Gate Bridge. I've been wanting to ride across the bridge for a while, so I was happy to be finally checking that off my to-do list.


I forgot to start up my Strava for this ride, so unfortunately I didn't get to see my stats on this ride. However, I know that I did pretty well because I managed to do the ride in under 2 hours and I didn't have to stop at all on the hills from Sausalito back up to the GG bridge. I felt good about how I did, and that is all that really matters.

It was such a beautiful day and I actually remembered to stop and take a few photos. I parked in the East Beach parking area and the view was beautiful. I loved how the fog was just sitting on the bridge.


After crossing the bridge, we dropped down into Sausalito and rode along Bridgeway road that follows along the bay and into downtown. I didn't realize how cute that area is. I also love seeing the SF skyline sandwiched between the blue water and clear blue sky.


We continued on the Mill Valley - Sausalito bicycle path which continued to provide beautiful views on this gorgeous day. I don't know if I could have asked for a nicer day (especially since it was raining yesterday morning).


No comments:

Post a Comment