Saturday, November 16, 2013

Tiburon Loop

Today I met up with a new group of people for an ALC Marin ride. It was a newbie ride, so it was only 25 miles. However, I've been wanting to do the Tiburon loop and this was a great day for it. Plus it was nice not to have to drive an hour and forty five minutes to meet up with fellow cyclist for an organized ALC ride. (I do love my SBB though!!)

I got down to Sausalito/Marin City a bit early, which was fine because I wasn't sure about the parking situation and ended up parking on a street a block away from the met up point. I didn't realize that there was parking behind Mike's Bikes. I guess I know for next time.

After the ALC safety speech we hopped on the Mill Valley - Sausalito bike path heading north. We were supposed to take a right where the restrooms were, but a couple of people accidently went straight. Luckily they figured out their mistake and made it back on route. I almost followed them but decided to turn back and hit up the bathroom. So, no getting lost for me!

Once we got on the other side of the highway and into Tiburon we got onto the Tiburon Linear Park path. This was a beautiful trail that went along the bay. I just had to stop and take a few photos.


It was a gorgeous day out and the sun reflecting off the water made for an amazing view.


Off in the distance you could barely see the golden gate bridge. I love the views in and around the North Bay. Its so beautiful up here, especially this time of year!



We made it to Shark's Deli off Tiburon Blvd to regroup and take a little break. Once we were all regrouped and rested, we headed back out and rode past the little downtown area. I definitely need to go back there and check out the area. There was a cute little Main street with shopping that I would be great for a leisurely stroll. I love exploring little towns like this. After passing Shoreline Park we started our little climb to the north side of Tiburon. The hills weren't too bad, but it was nice to have a little bit of climbing. The quads might not have been so thankful for it then, but they will be thankful later when they are stronger from it. The road finally leveled off (or at least it felt like it did) and because a great winding road along the coast. Now that I have a better feel for counter steering, the S curves were so much fun. I even had a nice 30 mph downhill bend that I handled with ease and confidence. That Savvy Bike Skills 101 class (http://www.savvybike.com/)  really paid off and was well worth the time and money!!!

Soon we were riding on the bike path along the Corte Madera shopping center. I've driven past there many times and always think to myself, I need to stop here one of these days. Well, the same thought popped in my head as I biked past. It looks like a really nice shopping area, which is good because there aren't really that many big malls up north here (or at least not that I know of). Maybe i'll check it out one of these days when I figure out some ideas for Christmas gifts.

The rest of the ride was pretty uneventful. It was a great ride that I'm very glad I did. Apparently the same group is having another ride next Saturday starting at Mike's Bikes. It will be a 28 mile ride that will go up to Northgate Mall in San Rafael. Looks like I'll be joining them once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment